Detecting of mainly UXO and other anomalies on and under the seabed using various geofysical technologies with the aim of releasing a safe working environment to for instance dredging and subsea construction companies.
The job includes on land UXO projects involving surface as well borehole detections.
Reports to operations-/projectmanager
Gosport UK after three month’s in company training in Gent, Belgium
– Acts according to general practice in marine geophysical exploration
– Applies various detection techniques with the aim of locating UXO and other subsoil or subsea anomalies
– Operates auxiliary equipment and vehicles in support of the detection (AUV, ROV, ROTV, quad, amphibious vehicles, small vessels)
– Uses computerized detection
– Is familiar with global positioning systems
– Checks accuracy of gathered data
– Processes, interprets and reports data
– Independent execution of detection work within a small team;
– Validation, maintenance, testing and calibration of detection equipment.
– Guarantees the quality of the detection
– Reports to the operations-/project-/ or deskmanager;
– Maintenance, testing and calibration of detection equipment
– Research and development with the aim to improve data quality
Master in Geology/Geomatics
Practical knowledge and experience in modern survey means and methods
Full car driving licence
Practical language skills, in particular the English language
Feel for technology
Ability to work independently
Stress resistant during periods of high workload or challenging circumstances
Fysically fit for the job
Flexible and mobile, ergo being willing and able to work abroad for long stints on end, both in and outside of Europe.
(max 6 weeks on end, on average 4 months each year)
Varied and interesting work content
Combined desk- and fieldwork
Competitive salary and added benefits
Good holiday entitlement
For details and applications: email@example.com